Cleaning and Disinfecting with Bleach
Cleaning With Bleach
In a world filled with germs, cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting remains very important to everyone. Especially indoors. Clorox® offers an array of bleach products, which you can use to clean and disinfect surfaces and areas throughout your home. These include Clorox® Gel + Cleaner, Clorox® Bleach and Clorox® Scented Bleach.
What is bleach? It’s a household product and cleaning agent that is used to whiten clothes and remove stains. It’s also a disinfectant that kills 99.9% of Viruses and Bacteria, making it an effective household product.
For household surfaces and items that are not in contact with food, such as floors and tiles, you can choose from Clorox® Gel + Cleaner, Clorox® Bleach or Clorox® Scented Bleach, depending on the surface. Clorox® Gel + Cleaner differs from Clorox® Bleach and Clorox® Scented Bleach. Because Clorox® Gel + Cleaner offers a thicker formula for better control to prevent spilling and splashing when disinfecting surfaces, while still delivering the disinfecting, stain remover and whitening power of Clorox® Bleach. This is great for when you want to clean and disinfect surfaces where you want to concentrate the bleach application. For other, larger surfaces like floors and tiles. You can use Clorox® Bleach and Clorox® Scented Bleach. Nothing kills germs better than Clorox® Bleach. Just follow the steps below.
- Pre-wash surface.
- Mop or Wipe with disinfecting solution of 1 cup (250 ml) Clorox® Bleach or Clorox® Scented Bleach per 5 L of water.
- Allow solution to contact surface for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse and air dry.
Using Clorox® Gel + Cleaner For Cleaning & Disinfecting:
- Apply Clorox® Gel + Cleaner, on hard, nonporous surfaces.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- Rinse well and air dry. For surfaces in contact with food, rinse thoroughly with clean water and dry.
Using Bleach For Your Clothes
Washing with bleach will not only kill germs that may have been transferred to your clothes from outdoors, but it also removes stains and whitens clothes. Clorox® has a variety of bleach products that can be used for laundry.
For bleach-safe white clothing, you can choose from Clorox® Bleach and Clorox® Scented Bleach. Just remember to check the fabric label for any important laundry-related warnings, and to carefully read the product label.
- Add detergent.
- Fill Clorox® Bleach or Clorox® Scented Bleach to max line in dispenser or add 1 cup (250 ml) for top loading machines or 1/2 cup (125 ml) for front loading machines to wash water.
- Add white clothes and start wash cycle. Ensure contact with bleach for 10 minutes.
Safety Tips When Using Bleach
- Always thoroughly read the label of the product you are using for directions on how to use the product properly, and any warnings.
- When using bleach with your laundry, read and carefully check the fabric label on your clothes.
- Do not mix Clorox® Bleach or Clorox® Scented Bleach with other household chemicals as this could release toxic fumes.